October 21, 2022
By Tom Atwood
What is it? Offered as a kit using belt-driven actuators and a connector kit, the Tri-Bot from Macron Dynamics can be used in a wide range of scenarios that involve relatively high-speed, repetitive pick-and-place labor applications.
With the ability to complete up to 125 picks per minute, the Macron Dynamics Tri-Bot Linear Robot offers a fast and scalable solution for companies. The delta robot has a long history, and was first prototyped in the mid-1980s by the Robotics Systems Laboratory at Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne. Today, pick-and-place robots are seen as an essential productivity-enhancing tool for many industrial manufacturers. The Tri-Bot is suitable for markets including food and beverage manufacturing, packaging, medical and pharmaceuticals, industrial manufacturing and assembly, and electronic component assembly, among others.
- Payload Capacity: Up to 5kg
- Speed: Up to 125 Picks/Minute
- Construction: Belt Drive Actuators with Connector Kit
- Configurable for a wide range of work environments
- Customizable for specific applications
- Flexible mounting platform options
- Can use a wide range of end-effectors
- Variable work envelope based on Actuators Used
- Cost-competitive compared to traditional pick and place robots
- Faster ROI
For additional details on the system, visit the Macron Dynamics website here.