August 26, 2021
Schunck Markets has announced a chainwide expansion with Simbe Robotics and its Tally inventory robot to elevate the grocer’s business operation and customer experience. Building on previous expansions, the multi-year, full-scale rollout will bring Tally robots to all 111 Schnucks locations across the U.S.
The company said by incorporating the Simbe solution into chainwide operations, it will gain even greater visibility into store conditions, with deeper levels of business insights as the retailer prepares to adjust to the quickly evolving landscape in a post-pandemic world.
“We are facing a ‘new normal’ in the grocery industry, and Tally has been instrumental to ensuring we continue to provide an exceptional store experience while rising to meet new operational challenges,” said Dave Steck, vice president of IT infrastructure and application development at Schnuck Markets. “By deploying Tally to all our stores, we are fully operationalizing these insights into our supply chain and expanding our ability to leverage real-time data to make revenue-impacting decisions. Tally has become an integral component of our stores, streamlining operations and ultimately creating a better store experience for our customers and teammates.”
Schnucks first piloted the Tally robot in July 2017, expanding to additional stores in 2018 and 2020. The robot can traverse store aisles up to three times per day, autonomously capturing on-shelf data including inventory position, price accuracy and promotional execution. Benefits of the Tally system included:
- Detecting 14x more addressable out-of-stocks than manual scans;
- Enabling 20 to 30% reduction in out-of-stock items;
- Increased price tag and promotional execution compliance in stores across tens of thousands of products per day;
- Increased accuracy of real-time inventory integrated into Schnucks’ automated replenishment system, which streamlined ordering and ensuring that store shelves were restocked quicker to meet customer needs;
- Delivered access to real-time product location data through its Schnucks Rewards app, which enabled more efficient shopping trips for customers, restocking and fulfillment activities for store teams, and third-party e-commerce partners.
“Schuncks is the prime example of thoughtful adoption of retail technology, and we are honored to be their partner on this journey to create a better store experience through access to richer data,” said Brad Bobolea, founder and CEO of Simbe Robotics. “This expansion is a momentous occasion for Simbe, Schnucks, and the broader retail technology industry. It demonstrates that robots that are thoughtfully deployed are a critically important tool for retailers to improve bottom lines, support teams, and maintain an exceptional shopping experience, both in stores and online.”
For more details on the Simbe Robotics Tally robots, visit its website here.