February 25, 2021
Destaco, which designs and manufactures high-performance automation solutions, has announced the TC1 manual tool changer, designed for collaborative robot pick and place, load and unload applications. The TC1 provides seamless integration for fast tool change operations, expanding cobot flexibility and increasing the return on investment for cobots.
The company said it designed the TC1 to meet evolving customer needs in many applications, including CNC machine tending, medical/laboratory tools, and warehouse packaging. The TC1 offers operator-friendly self-locking, push-button release, lightweight and flexible mounting with direct electrical connectivity to Universal Robots cobots.
“With the increase in non-traditional automation, comes an increased need for true plug and produce cobot products,” said Gary Labadie, global product director at Destaco. “TC1 is a high-quality, ready-to-work solution that delivers on this need through its differentiated design. We also recognize how important deployment speed is for our customers, so we package each tool changer with its own mounting hardware and necessary tools to ensure fast installation without requiring additional adapter plates, mounting hardware or custom cabling.”
Features of the TC1 include:
- Low profile – at 25 mm height and 330g, more cobot payload capacity is dedicated to part handling versus tooling.
- Versatility – tool changer blanks allow users to add their own mounting patterns, versus the standard ISO 9409 cobot mounting pattern.
- Easy installation – electrical modules connect directly to UR cobots. More electrical modules will be implemented in the future to integrate directly with other cobots, the company said.
- Operator friendly – the self-locking insertion, push-button release lets any cobot operator to switch cobot tools in less than 30 seconds.
- Gripper compatibility – TC1 integrates directly with Robohand pneumatic and electric grippers, supporting load and unload, or pick and place applications.
More details are available via the Destaco website. Customers can request a quote here.