October 28, 2022
By Tom Atwood
What is it? IKO spherical bushings are designed to address several different load handling challenges. These bushings feature inner and outer rings with spherical sliding surfaces, and can handle large radial loads and bidirectional axial loads at the same time.
They are designed for applications where lubrication isn’t possible or desirable, such as in food processing machinery, construction equipment and applications where oil is undesirable or introducing lubrication is difficult. Steel-on-steel spherical bushings can handle shock loads in a wide range of industrial machinery and construction equipment. IKO said their motion devices deliver precision and accuracy over long maintenance-free lifecycles.
- Durable outer rings feature PTFE liners reinforced with copper alloy meshes on sliding surfaces.
- Spherical inner rings feature hard chromium-plated sliding surfaces.
- Effective wear resistance and small creep deformation ensure maintenance-free operation for extended periods.
- High carbon chromium bearing steel is used for inner and outer rings.
- Phosphate-treated sliding surfaces dry-coated with molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) provide excellent wear resistance, large load capacity and low-torque operation.
- Optional polyurethane seals prevent grease leakage and dust penetration.
For more details on the product, visit the IKO website here.