Teracom Launches TCW241 Ethernet IO Module
September 8, 2021
Teracom LTD has announced the availability of its TCW241 Ethernet IO Module, which supports several Ethernet IO monitoring and control applications, including factory automation and distributed process control.
Supporting Modbus TCP/IP connectivity, the device has four digital inputs, four analog inputs, and four relays. Its 1-Wire interface supports up to eight 1-Wire sensors (with 16 parameters) for measuring temperature, humidity, carbon dioxide, and AC or DC current, among other things. Relays of the module can be activated either remotely or locally. So-called remote activation includes a friendly web interface, or M2M protocols. Local activation is possible from a schedule, the status of a single parameter, or through customized functions, which can include up to four parameters.
Teracom said for advanced relay scheduling, the module includes a real-time clock for time server synchronization. This advanced scheduling can be used for one-time or repetitive (such as weekly) tasks to turn on and off at set times or days.
The TCW can initiate an HTTP Post connection with either XML or JSON post payloads to remote dedicated servers.
Additional features include:
- A friendly web interface for simple configuration and control
- 4 digital “dry contact” inputs for direct monitoring of relay outputs
- 4 analog inputs with 0 to 60VDC range for telco battery monitoring
- Multiplier and offset for analog inputs and some sensors
- 4 high current relays with normally open and normally closed contacts
- SNMP v2 support with trap alerts to up to 5 recipients
- 4 schedules for real-time control of relay outputs
- Custom-made logical functions for flexible activation of relay outputs
- Secured email transfer with TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 support
- XML/JSON and HTTP API commands for client-server systems
- Dynamic DNS support for DynDNS, No-IP and DNS-O-Matic providers
- Network time protocol (NTP) support for time synchronization
- Remote firmware update via standard browser
- Rugged DIN-Rail/wall-mountable enclosure.
For additional information and technical documentation, visit the Teracom website here.